Sunday, May 23, 2010

Last week!!

Finally, i see the beginning of the end.. I have come to the last week of my internships and can already smell the aromas of dosas and sambars which i have missed so badly.. More than that, its Chennai that i am looking forward to.. Many told me that internship is a period of learning that i need to put maximum use to.. I tried that, for starters, staying late and trying to read up all things about finance and my company.. For the first week my mentor had to urge me to leave.. Then second week onwards, i was a new leaf.. No more nudging from my mentor to leave.. I was on my way out before he even knew..

So what happened? Somewhere down the line, i lost interest.. Maybe it could be the not so challenging work that had been given to me.. I guess i was expecting too much but something let me down.. During this post-mortem of the last month or so that i have been as an intern, i find only one thing.. My knowledge of finance has improved.. But was it because of the intern or something else.. True, that i learned a lot during my internship period..

But the fact is where did that learning come, if it was not from my intern work.. Since i was staying with people who happened to be the ultimate fin geeks, something got rubbed onto me, i guess.. I started reading on the fin books at home.. Even the non-fiction books about fin.. I have never enjoyed non-fictions but now, i was nuts about such books chronicling the dooms of the financial world.. Something sparked in me and i have been going on a song here.. It has made me register for an exam which before the internship, i was dead sure against writing.. So its all happening.. I just hope i am able to maintain the frenzy that i am in now.. Lets see what the fin geek in me has got for itself..

No comments:

Post a Comment